Window technology has come a long way in recent years, but many homeowners still prefer traditional wood windows over the newer steel varieties. There are many benefits to steel windows that may not be immediately apparent, and in this article, we will explore some of those benefits. Window frames made of steel are becoming increasingly popular because they have a lot of benefits over traditional window frames. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should consider switching to steel windows:
- Steel is much stronger than traditional wood or vinyl window frames, so that it can withstand extreme weather conditions much better.
- Steel is non-corrosive, which means it will never rust or decay like traditional window frames.
- Steel is very durable, so your steel windows will last much longer than traditional ones. Steel is a very strong material and can stand up to a lot of abuse. Wood windows may rot over time if not properly maintained, but steel windows will never decay or rot. This makes them much more reliable in areas prone to severe weather conditions.
5. Steel windows are also much more energy efficient than traditional wood windows. They have a higher R-value, meaning they can keep out more cold air in the winter and more heat in the summer. This can result in significant savings on your energy bill, especially if you live in a climate where the temperature fluctuates significantly throughout the year.
6. The insulation value of steel is much higher than traditional materials, meaning you’ll save money on your energy bills by installing steel windows.
7. Steel window frames are virtually maintenance-free – you won’t have to paint them, seal them or replace them like you would with traditional window frames.
8. Steel windows are environmentally friendly because they can be recycled at the end of their lifespan.
9. Steel windows are much less likely to leak air than wood windows, making them a much better option for homes located in areas with high humidity levels, as it prevents the growth of mould and mildew.
10. Steel windows are custom-made to fit your exact specifications, so you’ll always get a perfect fit with steel windows.
Steel windows are becoming more popular each year because they offer many benefits that traditional windows do not. Steel windows are extremely durable and can last for decades when properly maintained. They are also energy-efficient, saving you money on your monthly utility bills. In addition, steel windows come in various colours and styles to match any home décor. Contact us today for a free consultation if you’re considering replacing your old windows with new steel ones. We would be happy to discuss the many benefits of steel windows and help you choose the perfect style and colour for your home.