Everything You Need to Know About Flemish Glass
Flemish glass is known for its beauty and durability, making it a popular choice for homeowners. But what else do you need to know about Flemish glass doors before making a purchase? Read our guide to find all the important information about Flemish glass doors for your home.
What Is Flemish Glass?
Flemish glass is a type of decorative glass most commonly used in iron doors. Using methods that date back centuries, artisans and manufacturers create beautiful mosaic patterns. It features a distinct ripple-like texture that offers privacy while still allowing light to pass through. paired with complementary materials, the unique texture also adds an aesthetic appeal to the door, creating an elaborate, upscale look and feel.
PINKYS Flemish glass doors feature some of the most attractive and timelessly classic architectural styles on the market today. Their delicate beauty and attractive patterns make them an elegant addition to any building's entrance or interior. In addition, a wide range of customization options is available when choosing Flemish glass doors for your home or business.
Flemish Hand Blown Glass: The Customers' Choice for Centuries
Flemish glass originated in today's Belgium and the Netherlands, hence its name. The first examples of Flemish glass date back to the 13th century, while it became particularly popular in the 15th and 16th centuries.
Flemish glass has always been characterized by its intricate designs and bright colors. Common motifs used in decoration included flowers, animals, and religious depictions. Many of the finest examples of Flemish glass can be found in churches and cathedrals throughout Europe.
The production of Flemish glass declined in the 17th century, but it experienced a revival in the 19th century. It is still prized by collectors for its beauty and history. Today, several companies produce Flemish glass in a traditional way.
How Are Flemish Glass Doors Produced Today
Modern Flemish glass is made through a mix of traditional handcrafting processes combined with contemporary manufacturing technology. It eliminates the seeds and bubbles while improving the structural properties of the finished product.
The process begins with leaded panes cut to shape from the original rolled sheets. Then, they are soldered together into large sheets, often numbered and stained in various colors and styles.
Flemish glass is created when two or more flat pieces are paired and subjected to increased pressure and temperature before being cooled down slowly. Thanks to this process, Flemish glass retains the look of hand-blown glass (minus the bubbles & seeds). It promotes the free flow of light while also becoming quite durable and capable of withstanding different weather conditions for a long time.
The Flemish glass doors are designed with appropriate holes and groves that allow pieces of glass to be inserted individually along the pane's perimeter.
Once installed, these individual pieces are trimmed around the edges with diamond tools or other specialized tools, depending on the desired pattern. The results are beautiful pieces of contemporary design that honor centuries' worth of Flemish glassworking traditions. One such example is PINKYS AIR 8 iron door model, favored by many customers.
Flemish Glass Applications
The unique properties of our Flemish glass make it a versatile and practical choice for design projects. It's an excellent option for any space requiring an opaque barrier that doesn't obstruct the light.
The patterned texture makes it suitable for a range of applications, including:
- front doors
- interior doors
- partitioning spaces
The Benefits of Using Flemish Glass in Your Iron Door
Flemish glass is the perfect addition to wrought iron doors, or any other type of doors. Not only it enhances the aesthetic of your entrance, but it also increases privacy and security levels.
- Aesthetics: Flemish glass is known for its unique and beautiful look. When used in a wrought iron door, the glass can add a strong touch of elegance and style.
- Strength: Flemish glass door is appreciated for strength. It is less likely to break than light types of glass, making it an excellent choice to complement an iron door.
- Energy efficiency: Another benefit of a PINKYS Flemish glass door is energy efficiency. The glass helps to maintain internal temperature levels throughout the seasons. This asset can reduce your energy bills.
- Safety: Flemish glass is also safer than some other types of glass. It's less likely to shatter, making it less likely to cause injury if the door breaks.
- Soundproofing: A Flemish glass door can also enhance the soundproofing of your house. The glass helps to block out noise from outside, making your home more peaceful and quiet.
- Privacy: PINKYS Flemish glass doors can be a good option if you are looking for privacy. The opaque nature of the glass will blur the view into your home.
- Ease of Maintenance: Flemish glass doors are also easy to clean and maintain. The smooth surface of the glass does not require much cleaning and is also resistant to scratches.
Can Flemish Glass be Tempered for Use on a Door?
A Flemish glass door offers a unique range of benefits, including superior resistance to impacts or heavy use. For many customers, its original assets are sufficient.
Nevertheless, the glass door's strength and resilience can be increased by up to four to five times through glass tempering, allowing you to make the most out of its versatility.
Flemish Glass Door's Privacy Rating
While a Flemish glass door doesn't block the view completely, it promotes privacy by distorting it. That way, it offers an excellent balance between seclusion and light transmission levels.
On a privacy rating scale from 1 to 9, a Flemish glass door typically starts at 3. The right rating for you depends on your needs. Opt for a clear Flemish glass door with a low privacy rating for maximum light flow, or go for increased opaqueness with higher rating numbers.
Customers often choose between Flemish glass, Rain glass, and Aquatex to enhance their door's privacy levels. From the practical side, all three options are quite similar. The key difference is in the look. Flemish glass door's advantage is that it offers an artisan, hand-blown glass appeal without the matching price tag.
How to Care For Your Flemish Glass Door
It is important to ensure the pristine look of your Flemish glass door for years to come. To do this, you should take proactive steps to protect it from the elements and daily wear and tear.
Start by periodically cleaning the glass with mild soap, warm water, and a soft cloth. That will help it retain its shine and prevent dirt build-up. You should also ensure that the frames are regularly waxed and polished to preserve their original color.
Always use subtle, appropriate cleansers in order to avoid any harm or damage done to your doors. This is particularly important in the case of wrought iron doors.
PINKYS Flemish glass doors offer strength, beauty, and timeless quality. Browse our page for a selection of Flemish glass doors in an array of stunning designs. You will find a perfect addition to enhance the elegant look of your home.
finance your purchase from $1.25/month
0% APR, get approved in minutes
finance your purchase from $1.25/month
0% APR, get approved in minutes
What is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit-payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for online purchases to be paid in fixed monthly installments over 3, 6, or 12 months.
Why buy with Affirm?
- Buy and receive your purchase right away, and pay for it over several months. This payment option allows you to split the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
- If Affirm approves your loan, you'll see your loan terms before you make your purchase. See exactly how much you owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan. There are no hidden fees.
- The application process is secure and real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount that you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months that you have to pay off your loan -- all within seconds.
- You don’t need a credit card to make a purchase. Affirm lends to the merchant directly on your behalf.
- You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history. Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
- Affirm reminds you by email and SMS before your upcoming payment is due. Enable Autopay to schedule automatic monthly payments on your loan.
What is required to have an Affirm account?
To sign up for Affirm, you must:
- Be 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska).
- Not be a resident of Iowa (IA) or West Virginia (WV).
- Provide a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address.
- Provide a valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number and agree to receive SMS text messages. The phone account must be registered in your name.
- Provide your full name, email address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number to help us verify your identity.
How does Affirm work?
Affirm loan-application process steps:
- At checkout, choose Pay with Affirm.
- Affirm prompts you to enter a few pieces of information: Name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information must be consistent and your own.
- To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm sends a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code into the application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you have to pay off your loan. You have the option to pay off your loan over three, six, or twelve months. Affirm states the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
- To accept Affirm’s financing offer, click Confirm Loan and you’re done.
After your purchase, you’ll receive monthly email and SMS reminders about your upcoming payments. You can also set up autopay to avoid missing a payment. Your first monthly payment is due 30 days from the date that we (the merchant) processes your order.
How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
- Affirm asks for a few pieces of personal information: Name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Affirm verifies your identity with this information and makes an instant loan decision.
- Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points. This means that you may be able to obtain financing from Affirm even if don’t have an extensive credit history.
Does Affirm perform a credit check? Does it impact my credit score?
Although Affirm performs a credit check when you apply for a loan, this won’t impact your credit score. However, if you’re approved and decide to buy with Affirm, your loan and payments may affect your credit score. Paying on time can help you build a positive credit history.
Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
The merchant has no information regarding a customer's financing denial. Affirm strives to offer all credit-worthy applicants financing with Affirm, but isn’t able to offer credit in every case. Affirm will send you an email with more details about its decision. Unfortunately Affirm’s decision is final.
Why was I asked to verify my identity?
If Affirm has difficulty confirming your identity, you may need to provide more information. Affirm uses modern technology to confirm your identity, including verifying your address or full SSN, or requesting a photo of your ID. Affirm takes these steps in some cases to counter fraud and provide the most accurate credit decision they can.
Why was I prompted to enter my income?
Affirm may sometimes need more information about your finances and your ability to repay in order to make a credit decision. Your income gives Affirm additional insight into your ability to repay.
Why was I prompted for my checking account?
Affirm may sometimes need more information about your finances and your ability to repay in order to make a credit decision. If you are prompted to link your checking account and would like to proceed, please provide the login information for your online bank account. Affirm does not store your online login credentials—they are transmitted securely to your bank.
If Affirm asks you to link your checking account, Affirm won’t be able to offer you credit if:
1) Your bank is not listed
2) You choose not to link your checking account
3) You don’t use online banking
4) The username and / or password you provide is incorrect
5) You're unable to successfully connect your checking account
Why is my bank not listed?
Although Affirm is continually adding support for additional banks, they aren’t able to connect to every bank at the present time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you’re unable to connect your bank, you’ll need to complete your purchase with another payment method.
Why was I prompted for a down payment?
Affirm isn’t always able to offer credit for the full amount you request. In these cases, Affirm asks you to make a down payment with a debit card for the remainder of your purchase. The down payment amount can’t be changed and must be made upon confirming your loan and before the loan offer expires.
Will I see how much interest I am paying prior to accepting my loan?
Yes! Affirm works hard to be completely transparent. You’ll see the amount of interest you’ll owe on the terms page and again on the loan confirmation page. If you pay off your loan early, you’ll receive a rebate for any interest that hasn’t yet accrued.
Why can't customers outside the U.S. use Affirm?
Affirm is available only to shoppers residing in the United States. Affirm hopes to expand its services to customers outside the U.S. in the future.
Interest Rates and Fees
What are Affirm’s fees?
The annual percentage rate (APR) on an Affirm loan ranges from 10% to 30%. Affirm discloses any required fees upfront before you make a purchase, so you know exactly what you will pay for your financing. Affirm does not charge any hidden fees, including annual fees.
Why is my Affirm interest rate so high?
When Affirm determines your annual percentage rate (APR), it evaluates a number of factors, including your credit score and other data about you. If you finance future purchases with Affirm, you may be eligible for a lower APR depending on your financial situation at the time of purchase.
This APR calculator will give you an idea of how much interest you actually pay: https://www.affirm.com/apr-calculator/
When you consider Affirm financing, carefully evaluate the loan terms that Affirm offers you and determine whether the monthly payments fit your budget.
How is interest on an Affirm loan calculated?
Affirm calculates the annual percentage rate (APR) of a loan using simple interest, which equals the rate multiplied by the loan amount and by the number of months the loan is outstanding.
This model differs from compound interest, in which the interest expense is calculated on the loan amount and the accumulated interest on the loan from previous periods. Think about compound interest as “interest on interest,” which can increase the loan amount. Credit cards, for example, use compound interest to calculate the interest expense on outstanding credit card debt.
Making Payments and Refunds
How do I make my payments?
Before each payment is due, Affirm sends you an email or SMS reminder with the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You have the option to sign up for autopay, so you don’t risk missing a payment.
Follow these steps to make a payment:
- Go to www.affirm.com/account.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Affirm sends a personalized security PIN to your phone.
- Enter this security PIN into the form on the next page and click Sign in.
- After you sign in, a list of your loans appears, with payments that are coming due. Click the loan payment you would like to make.
- Make a payment using a debit card or ACH bank transfer.
If I return an item, how do refunds work?
A refund posts to your Affirm account if we process your refund request. In the event that we issue you store credit instead of a refund, you are still responsible for paying off your Affirm loan.
If you have already made loan payments or a down payment, Affirm issues a refund credit to the bank account or debit card that you used to make the payments.
How long does it take to get my money back in the event of a return?
A refund credit appears in your account within three to ten business days, depending on your bank’s processing time.
Can I amend my order after my purchase has been processed? Can I be approved for a higher loan amount if my purchase amount increases?
You cannot edit your order after you have confirmed your loan. If you want to add items to your purchase, apply for another loan with Affirm or use a different payment method.
Am I able to obtain a refund after my purchase?
Refunds can be processed up to 365 days from the date your order is placed.