Install Guide | Single Interior Doors with Sidelights
You can translate the content of this page by selecting a language in the select box.
If you have not watched our videos on receiving your shipment or on storage, and you doors have either not arrived yet, or are being stored, click with RECEIVING/PICKUP or STORAGE.
Door Frame with Sidelights
Installing Door Frame with Sidelights
Requires 2 or more able bodies
Following instructions must be followed for warranty to be valid
Rough opening must be 1" to 2" wider and ½" to 1" taller minimum
Protect product at all times
- NEVER leave uncovered
- NEVER allow the product or shipping package to get wet
- ATTENTION remove nails from crate prior to removing product to avoid scratching the product
Must be a licensed contractor
Store product correctly
- Always remove shipping packaging when received
- Always store in a dry and safe place using fabric padding
- Never use shipping packages to store the product
- Always wipe any moisture of product as moisture will cause product fnish to bubble and rust
- Keep crate, pallet, and all packaging materials in case concealed damage is detected.
Waterproofing preparations required before installation
Always follow waterproof manufacturers instructions and guidelines
Leveling door Frame of Single Door
Hanging the Door
Door Fit Adjustment
Please note the weight of these doors will flex and change the shape of frame to the unlevel surface. This will also affect lock operations.
*This will also effect lock operations.
Lock Strike Plates
If the door is not 100% level (And even with the door being level, the strike plate may still require some fling adjustments), the latch and deadbolt strikes will not strike correctly into the opposing strike plate. In this case, you will need to fle down the opening of the strike plate in order for the latch to secure correctly.
On a wooden door, it is easy to notch out the wood to change the location of the strike plate, but because an iron door is
metal, instead of cutting and welding new metal, this fling of the plate is the solution for small strike issues. Our strike areas are standard* sizes and the plates can be purchased at your local hardware store
Please reference the diagram on the left for an example of a strike plate that has been fled vs. one that has not.
There are also times when the screw locations on the strike
plates may not line up 100% perfectly with the threading on our doors. In this case, you will need to drill the holes strike plate larger to align the screw holes. The bottom left diagram shows those locations as well.
*Filing adjustments may be needed depending on the lock manufacturer as they may not provide the correct size strike plate for our metal doors.
How to: Touch Up Iron Doors and Steel Windows
(Step 1: For Black and Oil Rubbed Bronze Doors)
How to: Paint Oil Rubbed Bronze
(Step 2: For Oil Rubbed Bronze Doors)
Caution: Only use Blue Painters Tape on Pinkys Product
Avoid Damage to Finish on Door and Frame.
Pinkys Iron Doors is not liable for any damages caused by misuse of tapes and adhesives on your Pinkys product.
Please do not use any tape or adhesive other than blue painters tape to mask, cover,
or for any purpose on your Pinkys products.
If the blue painters tape is needed for extended amounts of time, please replace tape regularly as the sun can bake the adhesive onto the painted area.
If you must use red duct tape for stucco work or otherwise,
please first apply the blue painters tape and mask with red duct tape over the blue painters tape to avoid any contact with the door/frames paint itself
Using any other type of tape directly on your Pinky’s products will result in peeling/bubbling of the paint.
- After install, be sure to carefully dust off any loose dust/debris.
- Doors/windows should be protected with materials suitable from protecting against dust and debris during the remainder of construction, protecting all glass and metal surfaces. Blue vinyl painters tape should be used for the application of your chosen covering on all four corners of the frame.
- After construction and finish work is complete on the entire home, tape should be carefully removed along with the protective material you've used on the doors/windows. A final clean with Pinky's iron door spray should be used.
Make sure to check our MAINTENANCE tab in order to make sure you’re maintaining proper upkeep practices!